Friday, December 14, 2012

Otter Creek Trail Race Preview

Tomorrow morning I'll head down to Otter Creek Park for my first ever trail race. I've run on trails exactly seven times...and all of those have been in the past two months. It's only taken that long for me to fall head-over-heels (not literally) for trail running. It's been a great addition to my off-season training plan.


The race tomorrow consists of a 8-9 mile loop (seems like no one knows the actual distance). Racers have the option of doing 1, 2 or 3 loops. Being the beginner that I am, I signed up to do a single loop. I've never been on the trails here before, so I'm not sure what to expect as far as climbs and terrain. I hope that it's challenging enough to get my legs burning!

Without knowing the trail, it's really hard to predict a time or set a goal. So I'll just say that I'm hoping to finish in the top 5 in my age group...and I have absolutely no idea if that is a realistic goal or not...I guess I'll find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This