Thursday, August 23, 2012

It's here.....

It's officially Ironman week in the city of Louisville. To the average citizen, nothing will seem different until Sunday when roads are shut down for the race and the local media devotes a little airtime and print to cover the race. But to us triathletes, it feels like the Superbowl is in town. There's a buzz in the air and it's the only time of year that you see people walking around downtown in compression socks!

Although I am not racing this year, I will once again be volunteering and spectating. Lots of my friends and training partners are racing and now that I've done the race, I'm looking forward to cheering them on...knowing how much every clap and word of encouragement helps.

I just came back from the Ironman Expo and as I expected, I'm really amped up about the race. Being down there made me wish that I was racing this year. If only I had enough talent and skill to race a full distance triathlon without putting in the required training. I have enjoyed the extra time with my family that the shortened training schedule this year has allowed, but I know now more than ever that I will do an Ironman again someday.

Good luck to everyone racing on Sunday...I'll see ya at the finish line!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This