Friday, August 31, 2012

Ironman Louisville 2012

I dare you to watch this video and not want to be a part of this next year...

Volunteering at the swim start was an awesome experience. I got to see all of my friends and training partners start start their Ironman journey.

My view from the dock right before the race started. I ushered all 2500+ athletes into the Ohio River.
Later in the day, I took my daughter Kate out to the bike course. We met some friends out there and while baking in the hot sun, I made the comment that I was happy to be watching and not racing this year!

View from the top of the bleachers at Oldham County HS - mile 65 of the bike.
 Around 7pm I headed down to the finish line. What an awesome experience it was to see people accomplish such a huge goal!

My view of the finish shoot from the stage outside RiRa. Thanks to our local Triathlon Club, The Louisville Landsharks for renting such a cool spot!

1 comment:

  1. That's pretty crazy that we were at the same place at the same time TWICE! I totally was looking at you, I'm sure, at the swim start, but I wasn't really looking for you. My bad! I should have let you know I was coming. Man, shoot me an email with your info, because I plan on driving up to do the bike course a couple times before next year. spottersmitty@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Share This