Friday, April 2, 2010

Papa John's 10 Miler Goal

So as with any race that I've done before, the goal is to beat my PR (Personal Record).

I've run this race two previous times:

2001 - Time was 1:23:33 (8:21 min/mile)

2009 - Time was 1:23:23 (8:20 min/mile)

I was 10 seconds faster last year than in 2001. I didn't realize the times were that close until just now...kind of strange.

Based on my training runs, if everything goes according to plan, I should smash my PR tomorrow.

I'm shooting for a time of 1:18:00, which would equal a pace of 7:48 min/mile.

This is a Priority C race, so the main goal is to have fun and stay injury free. Next week starts the "Build Phase" of my triathlon training, so I need to be in tip-top condition...because the workout intensity is about to increase!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This