Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Louisville's First Triathlon Store!

I started training and competing in triathlons about a year and a half ago. Ever since then, I've thought that Louisville needed a triathlon specific store. Not that I mind going to a separate running store, bike shop and swim store, but this city hosts one of only 25 worldwide official Ironman triathlons...it doesn't seem right that there wasn't a store devoted to the sport. I even mentioned to my wife that if I had the capital to invest, I would open a store myself. I knew the market was there; apparently, so did someone else!


VO2 Multisport opened in Louisville on December 30, 2009. Here's their slogan:


"VO2 is a retail store, training center and repair shop combined. Three different focuses, one mission — to help multisport athletes get the most out of every breath."

I went over last week and checked the place out. Spent some time talking to Rick, who is very knowledgeable when it comes to bikes! It's a pretty cool store (hope they offer gift cards - my birthday is only 2 months away!). Not only do they have all the gear you might need, they also have a pretty extensive list of services. Such as bike fitting (one of only two certified bike fitters in the city), bike repairs/adjustments, spin classes where you can bring your bike and do the class on a trainer, computrainer sessions, coaching, etc. 

If you live in or near Louisville and are interested in triathlons, go check the place out. I plan on getting into one of the spin classes once my knee gives me the notice to proceed!

TODAY'S WORKOUT:
6" of snow on the ground when I woke up. The plan was to go for a run this morning...which obviously didn't happen! I shoveled some of the driveway and I'll do it again later. I guess that counts for a little cardio.

1 comment:

Share This